October 12, 2009

Tekkonkinkreet

I saw the Japanese Film "Tekkonkinkreet" a while back, some amazing visuals in there. Made by Studio 4°C. Their style isn't quite the typical anime stuff I see everywhere. Here's just some of the hundreds of nice compositions found in the film. Their layouts are never polished. It's nice to see super super clean line art in the character animation and BGs, but it's refreshing to see a purposefully made slightly rough-and-sketchy style to the backgrounds, and these guys do it well. They were also the makers of such mind-bending classics as Mindgame and Cannon Fodder.











5 comments:

Unknown said...

One of the favoritest *д*

Dead End said...

If you liked that, you should check out 2004's Mindgame. It was even better than Tekkon Kinkreet.

Unknown said...

gonna catch my torrent wright now **

have you seen Kakurenbo?

Ron said...

No I haven't seen that one yet, I've never been able to get a good download yet.

Unknown said...

once I've founded a 4,5Gb download. But It had the same quality т_т

p.s. Have watched mind game. such a strange and amazing thing! thanks)